4 Biggest Mistakes people tend to Make with Freight Shipping
Freight Shipping is more complicated than any normal shipping. Once the product is ready to be shipped no matter how large, you would expect to go smoothly every step of the way. However, mistakes in the form of human errors do occur and is quite common. With Freight Shipping which can be either road freight shipping, air freight shipping or sea freight shipping there are lot of room for errors. Such errors can prove expensive and hence it is a good idea to be aware of some of the biggest mistakes people tend to make with freight shipping so that you can make sure you can avoid them.
Here are the 4 biggest mistakes that can be avoided with the correct precautions.
1. Inaccurate dimensions / class
There are many places you can go wrong when it comes to freight dimensions. Here is what to look out for:
- – For the Freight dimension you will require the length, width, height and weight of the package.
- – The unit being used to calculate the freight is very important and hence you need to make sure there is no discrepancy with the measuring unit.
- – Ensure that the package is measured and all readings noted and verified prior to going ahead with shipping. It is important you do not take the measurements provided by the customer for granted. Wrong measurement or size could mean big losses and hence need to be avoided at any cost.
- – The freight class has been designed to establish a common pricing standard when dealing with carriers, warehouses and brokers.
- – It is quite common to place the package in the lowest class available. This can be a mistake which can result in reclassification and more cost. Hence it necessary to detect the right class and classify it accordingly.
2. Neglecting Additional Services
The most important information for any freight packages is the source and the destination. The shipping information is required to contain detailed information about package, their weight and more. Depending on the nature of the package, it is likely that additional services need to be requested. Picking the correct service as per requirements is quite important. The most common factor that will generate an additional charge is the destination. In most cases, shipping to places like mines, prisons, schools or military bases is likely to generate an additional charge. Hence it is a good idea to be aware of all the additional requirements, services and charges.
3. Errors in documentation
Any freight shipping is likely to require a great deal of documentation. This documentation can range from contact information, payment information, packing details, pricing information, the product description, cross-border details, hazmat, etc. The correct documentation is very important since it can cause many issues from being sent to the wrong destination to having to redo the shipping.
4. Improper Packaging
With Freight shipping your package will be most likely to be shipped along with several other packages. They are often arranged onto the pallets or crates and the loaded into the appropriate transport vessel. Hence if not packed correctly it can be easily damaged. If the package requires special packing and expert advice, it is a good idea to seek a professional expert advice on how to get your packages packed.
Freight shipping can be difficult for any novice to handle. It requires expert knowledge, skills and the touch of a professional. There are many common mistakes that are associated with freight shipping. Among them are wrong order number, shipping with wrong product and many others.
Such mistakes can be very expensive and costly to handle and hence should be avoid at any cost. We are always ready to help. Feel free to Contact Us Today